Sunday, February 10, 2008

"Somedays"...

This post will consist of two random things that I have had it in my mind to mention.

I took the T.V. out of the entertainment center and unhooked the cable (not that we had any channels, but we like the superfast internet) and the DVD and VCR. I took most of these items to the garage. The t.v. was too heavy, so it is still living on the floor at the border of Dining and Living rooms.

It appears to Dr Mom that too much T.V. causes quarrels, laziness, zoning out (me included), dependency (Mom says, "who wants to watch a show?" when she can't take it anymore), and there is always a two year old that pushes the power button to be followed by a chorus of screams. Yes, this was my house. Something had to go. I had to stay, the kiddos are pretty nice too, so it was the electronic device.

I dont' think the absence of the T.V. has cured us. We still have bad attitudes that rear their ugly heads, but at least mom and children aren't addicted anymore. Yea!


The "when Daddy comes home"s... Ismert like to do things, we like to learn things, we like to eat things, we like to touch things. Here is a partial list of some things that we are planning to doing together (cause it would all be better with Daddy) when Daddy comes home.

Visit the Rice NW Museum of Rocks and Minerals. Really fun place, more fun than the name implys. We saw some great exhibits, including the rocks that glow!

Go swimming together at an indoor pool. I will even don a bathing suit!

Eat Calamari. Mom and kids tried some for the first time not too long ago. Daddy loves it!

Take a really long walk on the logging road.

Clean the chicken pen (they can't all be fun things to do!)

Eat some yummy grilled food. Not long ago, I made dinner. It didn't turn out as good as I would have liked. No one complaind (maybe me) but Michaelyn did say, "I really miss when Daddy would cook outside. All the food that he made on the BBQ was sooooo good."

Take a short drive south to the Enchanted Forest. This is the Ismert disneyland.

Jump on the jumpoline (ismert for trampoline). Daddy is a great jumper. Mommy not so much.

This list is truely endless. I have to stop somewhere. Also, I should mention. If the Lord wills...

No comments: