The weather here is very unpredictable. Depending on when you looked out the window today, it may have been overcast, or sunny, or hailing, or snowing! I saw it snow twice and hail three times. Currently it is sunny and very cold.
Michaelyn, Chloe and I are on post at the Internet Cafe/Java Cafe (that proudly brews Starbucks) located inside the Post Office. I imagined oodles of coffee shops with wifi on every corner would line the streets in Germany. This is not so. You can get beer on every corner. They are not so much into coffee. They don't seem so much into the internet either. I am sure that German's use the internet, but I am not sure where.
Our travels here are slow. The countries are small, and we are rather close to everything. Traveling at Ismert speed, though, is not very fast. Recently we took scenic roads to view several castles. There are castles and ruins visible quite often as you survey the landscape along the highways and roads. We visited Sankt Goar, the site of the Rheinefels Castle (I am sure that is the wrong name. I will set myself straight later). Well, the rest of the family visited it. I am afraid of heights and I decided to stay closer to sea level. Later, we crossed to the Mosel River and took the winding road to take in the scenes. It was all very picturesque.
We plan on visiting a rock and mineral museum in Idar-Oberstein. We also hope to see Heidelberg, Koln (Cologne), and possibly a more robust trip to France and Switzerland. Besides just seeing the sites, we plan on simply enjoying one another and praying that God will open our eyes to see Him in all that he has made.
Please pray for our health and safety. God bless you. Sunshine
2 comments:
Sounds like you are all having a great time... sounds really neat, Steve cannot wait to take us around the world and go different places, someday... :) Thanks for updating all of us and bless you all! You are all in our prayers for safe travels, good health, by the way, what is Michaels diagnosis??? and we also pray for your safe return back home!
Love you all, miss ya!
Sharrie Kreins
As I'm reading your posts, it has taken me back to my summer in Germany (my mom's home)when I was 12. I've been to the places that you have mentioned and remember them to this day. They made a great impression on me. How neat that you and your family were able to see some of the sights before bringing your husband home!
Cathy Friesen (from Warren Baptist)
Post a Comment