We have noticed that the mail communications between here and Germany have different speeds. When we send something to Michael, I ship it priority and it usually takes about one week. When Michael sends something home, I think it takes the slow boat from China (I don't know how it gets to China before it gets here.) We have waited weeks for postcards and letters... Currently, I am checking the mailbox impatiently for a phantom package that must get here soon, I hope. It would be good if it arrived before we leave.
So I haven't blogged much lately. There are a whole list of reasons. I won't bore you. Today, I am: at least partially emotionally sound, awake (I have fallen asleep twice this week while putting the little-merts to bed), near the computer, and I finally have some news that is noteworthy. After long deliberation, and many trips over the fence and back again, we went ahead and booked the flights. The children and I (and Grandma Vivian too) are flying to Germany for a visit with Michael.
Now that the tickets have been booked and the dates are settled, we are all getting more excited by the minute. I am even letting myself get a little emotional about the whole thing. For a while, when I said "It will be wonderful to be together again", I meant it. I just couldn't let myself really feel it. Now, even typing that brings tears to my eyes.
We fly out on Feb 26th and return March 11th. We'll be two weeks in Germany. Michael will be working during the day, but we will be with him at night (he will stay with us) and on the weekends! The airline tickets were a really great deal, but we knew that the hotel and van rental could be really ugly. Jesus to the rescue! God lavishly blessed us by allowing us to stay at the church that Michael has been attending in Germany. Also, we will be able to borrow a van from some folks there in exchange for renting them a replacement car for those two weeks. Thank you Lord for your provision.
Another update or two:
Laptop back in business! Mr Dictson was able to save my laptop, just not any of the info on the hard-drive. It appears that I had a virus. I am still working on getting some of the info from the back-up drive onto the computer. Thanks Mr D!
Dr appointments... Michael arrived at his Feb 11th appointment and the Dr was a no-show! Ok, it he wasn't a no-show. The Dr was called away for some reason and will not return until Feb 26. Michael's appointment is for the 27th (the day we arrive!). I might get to tag along for the appointment. We are praying for a good report. As it is today, Michael still doesn't feel very well.
No new Discharge news. We're pretty sure that it is not in the "round file" though. Also, we heard some news that Michael may be added to the Rear-Detachement (guys and gals that get assigned to stay at the base while the rest of the group is deployed to the front.) We are hopeful!
I wish that I had more time and that I posted more often. If you post any questions on the comments, we will try to answer them quickly with a new post.
God's blessings to you. We will (maybe) send some postcards! We will probably beat them home. We are not planning any travel via China!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
That's worth writing home about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sunshine... it was great to see you yesterday, what a fun time with the kids at the Miller Park! I love your kids, they are so amazingly sweet and adorable, I just had to tell you that. I loved talking with you about mom stuff and I am so excited about your families trip to Germany! The kids ask such cute questions, like Matthew, why did you have to chew gum on the plane, and he explains, like he is soooo wise! that it is for your ears. He has taken a few flights in his life, so maybe he does know a litte! :) I am so excited and thankful for you all that you get to be together, and now, when you get there, send word as soon as you can about Michaels condition with his health, we are continuing to pray for him! Michael, bless you brother!
You all take care now, love you all!
Sharrie Kreins
oh my gracious! I got your text message Sunshine this morning! Woo hoo! I am shouting praises to the Lord on behalf of your family and all of us who have been praying for you all! Thank you God for the army's discharge for Michael! I am so happy for you all, so relieved and grateful. I cannot imagine the joy in that house today! Oh what a great sight I bet! :)
I wanted to tell you how very touched we have been by being a part of this journey with you all. Sunshine, I especially appreciate and embrace your candor and your vulnerability that you have had and displayed to us through your blog, to your friends and prayer partners. When I read your posts I know that I am not going to hear you say, it is all good, life is great... oh Mary Poppins... Ha! Because really it has been possibly some of the hardest stuff your family has ever faced, and your lives have been difficult through this... I appreciate your realness, your perspective and words that you have shared with us all. Life isn't perfect, every day is not perfect, yes, we serve an awesome God, he is sovereign, but we are going through this journey of life, and sometimes, lets face it people, it is hard, we all know it. Even when we put on our happy face and sometimes "act" like it is all good, even if our whole house and family are suffering and possibly aching so much they are falling apart. I don't know of many people who would share what you have shared these past months, and I want to say thank you, bless you and it has been ( I almost hate to use this word but here goes! )refreshing, in a very deep way to hear someone whom I completely admire and look up to, to hear your vulnerability and weakness and your brokeness... and then on the flip side of that pain to hear your growth, your words of wisdom and the revelations that God was showing you through it... it has been very raw, very real. I wish more of us would be real and open with our brothers and sisters in Christ to support and grow through these times together... food for thought...
I pray special blessings to you guys, bless you. God speed to Michael, come home quickly our dear brother... have a great trip Ismerts, we love you all and are here for you!
Love you lots, in Christ,
Sharrie Kreins
Post a Comment