When the phone rang at 6:00am pst, I reluctantly answered. Michael had called an I wanted to talk with him more than anything. However, my excitement was severely overshadowed by the throbbing pain in my head. Michael sounded chipper! I was blessed to hear the joy in his voice. He said he had good news, but he would tell me later as he could hear that I was very tired. I told him that my outlook for my headache was bleak, and that some good news could help me.
- First good news: It is a possibility that Michael may be not be deployed in March. I am not sure how this happens, some sort of request for a deferral. We'll see what God will do!
- Second good news: Michael may be able to be approved for leave to come home for a week or so. It would be so amazing to see him. I would also love to be able to work along side him to take care of things here.
I think that God really wanted me to get off my feet for the day. At one minute, amidst a tremendous amount of pain, I found myself more impressed with Job than I had ever been. Here, I was hoping for a cranial amputation to relieve my pain and was feeling quite sorry for myself. However, Job had lost so much more that I, and he said, "Though He slay me, yet I will praise him." So, if Job could do it, I gave it a shot. "I hurt, but God you are good." Like Job, I didn't have instant relief. But I am feeling better, and my faith still remains in God alone.
I am thankful for the very expensive phone calls that our cell phones have enabled us (Michael and I) to have. We are still looking for a remedy for the expensive part. Ouch, it'll be quite a phone bill. "It hurts, and God, I know that you are good."
No comments:
Post a Comment