Tuesday, October 9, 2007

No room at the inn

I'm not sure how it came up in the converstion. I was on the phone with Michael today as he told me that he was needing to address his leadership (there in Germany) regarding some issues of concern. I listed intently, as intently as I could while driving, while Michael explained those issues in a very thoughtfully written letter. So, as I listened, I heard that there is no acceptable housing for us at Baumholder.

This is a little disappointing to me for at least two reasons:
  1. I was really hoping to live on post. I would be with other english-speaking persons. The electrical wiring would be 110 like in the US (Europe is wired 220)
  2. This seemed like a much more simple option than searching off post for something that we could afford.
I guess that what really has me reeling, is that it just doesn't seem that going to Germany for the approx. 4 months before Michael leaves is a real possibility. Even as I type this, I am reminded that if God wants us to be in Germany then no man, woman, or mammoth government entity can stop it. So, back to the inn...

They get to Bethlem, tired and heavy with child. It must have seemed that God had not provided for them. No room. No vacancy. No light left on for you. No Motel 6. And then finally, "well, you could stay in the barn, with the animals." And so it was, our savior was born in the most humble and lowly of circumstances. God always provides for his children.

I know that things may not turn out the way that I have planned them in my mind. Many times, God has planned better for me than I have for myself. Let the cry of Jesus' heart be my own. "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done." Luke 22

2 comments:

Michael said...

You're doing a great job hon. Your faith and reliance on God is very encouraging to me. I miss you guys a lot and am prayerful for a speedy reunion.

Cassidy said...

I feel for you! And if this is of any comfort...don't worry. The first thing we hear is seldom what actually ends up happening. With the Army, we're never sure til it's history, right?

Everything will work out. It'll all be perfect. Sometimes all I can do is take comfort in the fact that God already knows. Praying for ya!