Monday, October 1, 2007

A little introduction to Army forms...

I know that Michael has a lot of experience with the vast volume of Army paperwork. I have seen some of this enormous tree-slaying tradition. I have viewed the occasional LES (pay statement), I recently saw a copy of his orders (wish I knew that acronym), but today was my real introduction.

In order for Michael to be able to have orders processed to send him to our duty station, all of the members of our family had to visit a doctor for a clean bill of health. I wondered if the Army would refuse us if we had a less than clean medical record. Michael assured me that they needed the information in order to ensure that we would be stationed at a base that would have the resources that we may need. (i.e. resources for Autistic children or special medical/mobility issues.) We have no such special needs. Thankfully, due to a very busy morning including a trip to the doctor and a multitude of emails and faxes, the Army now has this information too!

The best news of this whole affair is that Michael will be able to get orders (we'll find out where in Europe we will be stationed) and leave Ft. Jackson. This base in South Carolina is where new recruits (and old ones too) are received and trained. Michael doesn't need to attend basic training or AIT again, however, he is pretty limited in his activities. I think that "lights-out" is 21:00 est. Think bed time at 9:00pm.

Here on the home front. We are missing hubby/daddy quite a lot. Mommy is a little bit grumpy and edgy. I am really trying to settle my mind and heart a little bit. This settling requires lots of prayer. Most of the time, I only remember to pray when I am totally at my wit's end. God is gracious and He doesn't seem to hold it against me. He forgives me when I fail and gives me a blessing of energy and grace that I do not deserve. I am still pondering and meditating on my need to "trade yokes."

Please pray for:
Michael to rececive orders soon, for a favorable working situation allowing Michael to freely worship God and share his faith with others. We are praying that he will be such a blessing to his superiors that they will trust him and give glory to God (Joseph, Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego...) Also, good traveling and a quick preparation for us to follow and be with him.
Sunshine to "give instruction with kindness" as the famed Proverbs 31 wife. Also that I will have extra compassion and discernment in dealing with children who are moving far away and missing daddy. That I will "take the bull by the horns" and tackle the many issues at home to prepare for home sale, big move, and other administrative type issues.
Children to have wisdom and understanding of the difficult things that are going on. God's grace for them to grow in character and rise to this challenge. I know that God has a plan for them at this time too.

Special thanks today: Vivian for Grandma services at the doctors office and at home. LeAnna for getting kids dressed and ready to go. Tanya for moral support and willingness to help with whatever we needed. We are truly blessed!

No comments: